Wireless Motion Alert
Benefits & Features
Thank you for visiting our site, ChamberlainDrivewayAlarm.com We carry and sell Chamberlain Driveway Wireless Motion Alert systems. These products can be found on our sister website: www.WirelessDrivewayAlarms.biz
Chamberlain Wireless Motion Alert InstallationChamberlain is one of the most trusted names in the industry, and installing their wireless motion alerts is simple and straightforward. In this guide, we’ll show you how to install one of the brand’s most popular models: CWA2000.
The CWA2000 alert uses a PIR, or Passive Infra-Red, sensor to detect the movement of vehicles or people. With this type of system, small animals can pass through without triggering the alarm. This makes the CWA2000 a great choice for home security, or for businesses with drive-thru services.
What’s in the PackageIncluded with the CWA2000 is:
Installing Your Alert SystemInstallation of the CWA2000 is simple and straightforward.
1. The first thing you’ll need to do is attach the PIR sensor box to the mounting plate using the large silver screw. Make sure that the screw is tightened so that the PIR stays in place.
2. Install 4 AA batteries. Alkaline batteries are fine for most climates, but if you live in a colder climate, you may want to use lithium batteries instead. Once the batteries are installed, the LED light should flash.
3. Now it’s time to adjust the switch settings. There are two switches: Switch 1 adjusts the detection range, while switch 2 adjusts the sensitivity. Set switch 1 to the “Off” position for 15 feet detection range, or the “On” position for 30 feet detection range. Set switch 2 to the “Off” position for low sensitivity, or the “On” position for high sensitivity. Chamberlain recommends keeping the second switch in the “Off” position if you want to avoid the detection of small animals.
4. Plug in the base station. If you wish, you can also install 4 AA batteries as backup in case you lose power.
5. Make sure that the base station and the PIR sensor are within close range. Press and then release the “Learn” button on the base station. A buzzer will sound.
6. Within 60 seconds of the buzzer, press the “Learn” button located inside of the PIR sensor. An LED light should illuminate, and the base station should make a buzz sound.
7. To complete the assembly of the PIR sensor, insert the battery pack facing away from the circuit board. Fasten the cover using the smallest provided screws. Make sure that the batteries are not touching the circuit board.
8. Now, test out the PIR sensor by waving your hand in front of the sensor. If it’s working properly, an LED light should flash and the base station should buzz.
9. To install the PIR sensor, mount the sensor on a solid surface three to five feet off of the ground. To detect vehicles, the sensor should be mounted 4 feet high, 10-20 feet back and at an angle to detect the back of the car. The sensor should be installed horizontally and it should be within a half mile of the base station. You may need to rotate the sensor to access the screw holes.
10. Once the sensor has been mounted, you can attach the sun/rain shield.
As you can see, installation is quick and simple. In less than an hour, your Chamberlain wireless motion alert system should be up and running. As soon as your system is installed, it will detect any vehicles or people that pass by the sensor.
This Website is best viewed in 1024 x 768 resolution.